Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Becoming Martha.

I went to the career counselor.

At first, I was skeptical.

I kept imagining the guy from the Clear Eyes commercial.

Practically soul-less.

Someone who would listen or care.

But. I was wrong.

He actually listened to me.
He helped me figure out why I'm so unmotivated.
He let me cry.
We talked about how we liked cats better than people.

He asked me what I would be, if I could be anything.

And he didn't laugh when I told him I wanted to be a cross between my mother, Martha Stewart, and Carol Burnett.

He talked to me about a degree in Family and Consumer Sciences.
I kept getting excited and saying "Oh my gosh. This is perfect!"
I have another appointment tomorrow.

P.S. This morning, my horoscope said sometimes the greener grass is right under your toes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment